Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Debug a SharePoint Class Library with VS 2008 or STSADM Project


Debug AudienceMigration Class Library Project:
Thanks to Magnum for the solution... see the below url for more inforation.

Solution:

1. Project configuration:

Change Debug and Build Configurations to Debug..

2. I was using a DLL called SharePoint.AudienceMigration.dll (Managed DLL for C#). I knew, however, that SharePoint.AudienceMigration.dll needed SharePoint.AudienceMigration.dll (Unmanaged C++) to operate. I placed SharePoint.AudienceMigration.dll in all my output paths but I kept receiving this error. Only after I placed SharePoint.AudienceMigration.dll in my environment path (C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727) did it work. Please note: your path may be different if you're using a newer version of the .NET framework!

3. Build the project and buildwsp and deploy...
4. Move the SharePoint.AudienceMigration.dll to (C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727) and also to (C:\windows\assembly)

5. Place breakpoints at start of the project and F5.

No comments:

Post a Comment