Friday, August 30, 2013

MS Access 2010 to SharePoint 2010 error: Data cannot be inserted because there is no matching record.


We saw the below error message, when I try to update a record in SharePoint 2010 List which is linked up with MS Access 2010. I have 100s of records out of them only one record is giving us this error message. 
Error: Data cannot be inserted because there is no matching record.
Microsoft Access - Data cannot be inserted because there is no matching record.
In the MS Access if I go to the Linked Table (SharePoint List in MS Access) and just modify the record (uncheck and check a status record and revert it back), then everything works fine. It seems that particular record was not syncing with Server SharePoint List item/record.
Instead what I did is, I went to the table in MS Access, Right Clicked on the table and More Options than clicked on Relink Lists. Then it worked. I saved this version of MS Access db as new version and send across to the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment