Friday, March 27, 2015

Export to Excel issue - no events work

Post Back does not work after writing files to response or
After Export To Excel Button Event No Events Firing In Sharepoint?


I had this issue with sharepoint. I have a button on the page that sends a file and after clicking the button, the rest of the form was unresponsive. Turns out it is a sharepoint thing that sets the variable _spFormOnSubmitCalled to true to prevent any further submits. When we send a file this doesn't refresh the page so we need to manually set this variable back to false.
On your button in the webpart set the OnClientClick to a function in your javascript for the page.<asp:Button ID="generateExcel" runat="server" Text="Export Excel"OnClick="generateExcel_Click" OnClientClick="javascript:setFormSubmitToFalse()" />
Then in the javascript I have this function.
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    function setFormSubmitToFalse() {
        setTimeout(function () { _spFormOnSubmitCalled = false; }, 3000);
        return true;
    }
</script>
The 3 second pause I found was necessary because otherwise I was setting the variable before sharepoint set it. This way I let sharepoint set it normally then I set it back to false right after.

No comments:

Post a Comment